[Update: May 23, 2019]
This is information that depends on RDBMS when “PostgreSQL” is selected for RDBMS in the appliance Database.
The following available functions are dependent on RDBMS.
|Administration interface||CLI and WEB UI (pgAdmin/phpPgAdmin)|
|Connection port number (CLI)||Port number 5432 (default value) It is possible to change this to an arbitrary port number.|
|Connection port number (WEB UI)||Port number 443|
The Extensions available from standard PstgreSQL installation as well as the following extensions are installed. These functions are available for customers to use.
- plpgsql: A standard procedural language for PostgreSQL
psql, a PostgreSQL command line tool, connects the system you are using via command to the database appliance that is running PostgreSQL.
- When using the psql command line tool, installation according to the connection source environment is required.
psql --host=［IPアドレス］ --port=［設定したポート番号＊］ --username=［ユーザ名］ --dbname=［接続するデータベース名＊］
psql -h [IPアドレス] -U ［ユーザ名］ -d ［接続するデータベース名］
*Can be omitted
The following is an example of connection to a database appliance (PostgreSQL) with 192.168.1.100 via psql. Here, the database port number (5432) is the default, with sakura regis-tered as the user.
Connection as a user 1
$ psql --host 192.168.1.100 --port=5432 --username=sakura --dbname=sakura Password for user sakura:［パスワード入力が求められます］ psql (9.5.5, server 9.4.7) Type ”help” for help. sakura=＞
Connection as a user 2
$ psql -h 192.168.1.100 -U sakura Password for user sakura:［パスワード入力が求められます］ psql (9.5.5, server 9.4.7) Type ”help” for help. sakura=＞
By activating the Web User Interface function, you can use the following web manage-ment tools for each version of the selected PostgreSQL.
- PostgreSQL 10 series: pgAdmin
- PostgreSQL 9 series: phpPgAdmin
You can log into the management screen of each tool by entering “de-faultusername@localhost” in each user section and then in the password section, the default user password specified during creation of database appliance.
- Servers and/or server groups that can be used from within the database appliance cannot be added to pgAdmin.
- Changes to the default user password in the database won’t be reflected by the Web User Interface management tool password. Passwords can be changed from the User Management section of the Users screen. (Note: passwords cannot be changed through the Change Password screen.)
- For further information on PostgreSQL, please see www.postgresql.org.
- For further information on pgAdmin, please see https://www.pgadmin.org/.
- For further information on phpPgAdmin, please see phppgadmin.sourceforge.net.
- Please note that we will not take responsibility for information on external websites.
- The amount of log information output to the Log screen is determined by PostgreSQL default settings (log_min_messages = "WARNING") which cannot be changed. Unless a serious error has occurred most likely nothing will appear on the screen.
- Transactions can be used for stored procedures (PostgreSQL 11 and later).
- Equipped with a JIT (Just In Time) compiler (PostgreSQL 11 and later).