Emergency contact email address¶
[Update: November 1, 2018]
Registering an emergency contact email address.
Independent of a member ID’s registered email (“abc12345” format) used to identify individual members throughout our general services, any email address can be designated as a registered emergency contact email address to receive SAKURA Cloud error/maintenance notifications.
Emergency contact email address registration.
Emergency contact email addresses are managed from the SAKURA Cloud control panel Option screen. Click Settings at the right top of the control panel.
Click Email Address from the menu on the left to open the emergency contact email address registration management screen.
Registering an email address as a notification destination.
You can register up to 10 email addresses for each cloud account. To register a new email address, click Add at the top of the screen.
“A email addresses input screen will appear. Enter all email addresses you want to add in the text field then click Add.
Click Add on the confirmation screen.
When registration is complete, the following message will be displayed and a registration request email will be sent to the registered email address.
The registered email address will be added to the list screen and the status will read Waiting for Confirmation.
A confirmation email will be sent to the registered email address. Follow the URL where, pending successful registration,you will be directed to a confirmation screen.
When registration is confirmed, status will change to Active after definitive registration was confirmed.
Please note the following precautions when setting an emergency contact email address.
- When at least one emergency contact email address has been registered for a cloud account (in “account name@member ID” format), cloud account resource error and maintenance notifications will be sent only to the registered emergency contact email address, and not to the registered member ID email address. If necessary, registered member ID email address to the emergency contact email address list.
- Emergency contact email addresses are set for each cloud account. Even where there is a common contact for multiple cloud accounts, it must be set for each individual cloud account
- All registered email addresses will be written in the notification email’s recipient (To:) field. Please note that addresses may be visible to all recipients.
The following outlines the flow of transmission when sending an email.
- Three cloud accounts (
user3@abc12345) have been created by a SAKURA internet member ID
- The email address
email@example.com been registered as the member ID.
- Emergency contact email addresses, as shown, have been registered for each cloud account.
If a resource error occurs for user1@abc12345¶
- a notification email will be sent to the corresponding emergency contact email addresses registered on the control panel of
- Notification will not be sent to the registered member ID email address.
- Notification will not be sent to emergency contact email addresses of other cloud accounts created under the same member ID.
When emergency maintenance is to be performed for user1@abc12345 and user2@abc12345 resources¶
- notification will be sent to corresponding emergency contact email addresses registered on the respective control panels of
- One emergency contact email will be sent to each cloud account. (for maintenance and error notifications, one email will be sent per physical device. When multiple devices are subject to notification within a single cloud account, 2 or more emails may be sent simultaneously.)
- Even if the same email address is registered for multiple cloud accounts, an email will be sent for each individual cloud account.
If a resource error occurs for user3@abc12345¶
- If a cloud account does not have an emergency contact email address, notification will be sent to the registered member ID email address.
- When resources of multiple cloud accounts fail simultaneously, the notification destination email address will be determined based on the registration status of the target cloud accounts’ emergency contact email addresses.
- You can restore the registered member ID email address as sole email destination for emergency notification by deleting all registered emergency contact email addresses.