Sandbox (test zone)¶
[Update: December 20, 2018]
The following is an explanation of the test zone ‘Sandbox’.
The Sandbox zone allows you to test control panel and API operations under almost eaxactly the same conditions as zones for existing services. Although resources created in the Sandbox zone do not operate as actual functions, absolutely no fees are charged for Sandbox resources and you can use the zone to confirm function operation. Moreover, the Sandbox zone is isolated from service zones, so there is not effect on the production environment that is already in use.
You can use the Sandbox zone for cases like the following.
- For testing control panel and API functions before actual use of SAKURA Cloud
- For teaching operation procedures to other staff at your organization
- For using script created using API to test the operation of large resources in advance
*The Sandbox zone is an environment for test operations using the control panel and API. Resources created in the Sandbox zone do not operate as actual functions. Therefore, the zone cannot be used for testing the performance of servers or disks, or for logging in to servers.
You can switch to the Sandbox zone using the same selection operation as for normal zones.
- Select [Sandbox] from the upper-left of the zone switch menu.
- After switching, [Sandbox] is displayed in yellow characters in the zone display area at the upper-left of the screen.
The API URL for Sandbox is listed below.
The Sandbox zone is a dedicated zone for confirming operations. Therefore, it has the following differences from other service zones.
- Uploading to archives or ISO image
Although you can create Archive and ref: ISO image <isoimage> disks, you cannot upload or download disk images via FTPS connection. FTPS connection information is displayed after the disks have been created, but connection is not actually possible.
- Copying from SAKURA VPS/service zones to archives
It is not possible to migrate from SAKURA VPS or to make an archive copy using a service zone as the source.
- VNC connection to server console and display of monitor screen
You cannot perform VNC connection to the created server or display/operate the console screen from the monitor screen.
- Connection to the Internet
In addition to the server, connection to the internet is not possible through all devices including switches and routers.
- Bridge connection
It is not possible to create Bridge connection .
It is only possible to select a portion of public archives and public ISO images that are available in service zones.
- ● FTP operation of archives and ISO images
Although upload using FTPS is not possible, the [Start FTP] and [Finish FTP] buttons can be used as normal. This is because files are considered as always existing.
- Activity graph
Activity graph cannot be displayed. Although operations such as changing the graph display period and scale are possible, the graph is displayed with blank numbers.
- @group tag
The @group of Special tags can be used to isolate the server startup host. Inside the Sandbox, the storage host names for @group are displayed as the same names.
- Database appliance
- You cannot use the backup function. Backup will not be performed even if you click the [Backup] button or configure settings for automatic scheduling.
- The displayed log is a dummy with the same contents. Contents will not be changed. The date is a past date.
- Execution is possible even if the replica password does not match.
Although lists of rates and other items are displayed the same as in service zones, no charges are incurred for all resources created in Sandbox.